Saturday, May 9, 2009

Bobcats really arent that scary...as long as you treat them right




So my co-worker let me borrow her husbands bobcat so I could play around with it. Boy was that thing big and powerful. So I had never used a bobcat before so I was really nervous. He went over everthing telling me how to use and gave some specific cautions. "Watch whats being you and make sure you dont hit anything and dont raise the bucket too high."


So i got started and i was out of control for a while until i got used to it. All my neighbors stood in thier yards watching me. So with in 5 minutes what do i do? I run into the sidwalk and break a chip off it. I accidently swore. After sever times of bobing up and down and riding on 2 wheels I finally got the hang of it and was feeling comfortable. I was kind of daydreaming a little bit, I even mastered getting the bucket completly full. Well I filled the bucket all the way and wasnt really apying attention and kept raising the bucket well i soon learned why you arent supposed to lift it up all the way. Before I knew the entire bucket full of dirt had dumped all over the top of me and the bobcat was leaning back on its back two tires. I accidently swore agian. I thought for sure it was going to tip over on me. then all of a sudden it flies forward and bounces back and forth until it settles down. I am compleelty covered in dirt and have to sweep the inside of the dang thing out and hope the owner doesnt notice how dumb i am.


Then I was walking around inspecting things and I see this cord sticking out of the ground with some colored wires or something next to it. (I accidentley swore agian) It looked exactly like a power line. Here I am thinking that I cut the power line to my house then i realize that it was just a piece of siding. wow that was a waste of a swear word.


So I had a pretty intersted day trying to get my yard ready.

6 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

oh my gosh...i am laughing so hard...i wish more than anything i could of been there to see that.

Katy Wilson said...

I should also add...since Ashlie didn't do so herself...that when she read this blog...she laughed harder than I have seen her laugh in months! It was hilarious. Thanks for that Rodney.

tacy said...

I laughed again even though you told me this story last night. It was HILARIOUS and I would pay money to be able to do a vulcan mind trick on you so I could see your memories. it would be funny

Ashlie said...

yeah i was actually crying i was laughing so hard. both times i read it. yep i read it twice.

Jessie said...

That is hilarious!

dani said...

i really seriously thought you borrowed a real bobcat. i am laughing at myself right now. for reauls.